Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Maintenance Fitter - Day Shift
Day Shift 7.00am – 3:30pm
Oji Fibre Solutions Paper Bag is one of New Zealand's leading manufacturers and suppliers of packaging solutions to a wide range of industries throughout the country. Essentially, we design and produce multi-wall bags for the Dairy, Cement, Flour and Sugar industries throughout the country and into offshore markets.
We are looking for a Trade Qualified Fitter to work our day shift at the Paper Bag plant in Penrose, Auckland. This is an opportunity to work for a large progressive employer and really grow your career. Someone with trouble shooting experience, particularly, with packaging machinery would be advantageous.
Reporting directly to the Engineering Manager, this position is critical in providing engineering and mechanical services to the plant, including the repairs and maintenance of production equipment.
You will be qualified with a Level 4 Trade certificate in Fitting & Turning or Mechanical Maintenance & Diagnostics or relevant trade qualification, but most importantly will have the following attributes:
- Have a keen eye for problem solving and understand the sense of urgency regarding production breakdowns.
- Maintaining plant and equipment through published PM plans
- excellent mechanical aptitude
- Be competent in lathe, milling and general machining and have welding/fabrication experience.
- Experience with pneumatics and reading/interpreting drawings would be beneficial
- good interpersonal skills & team work
- ability to work autonomously
- availability to pick up and support afternoon and night shifts and do overtime when required.
- stringent around Health & Safety
Ideally you will come from a similar, fast paced production environment.
What we offer:
- Positive, supportive and professional work environment
- Competitive hourly rate + allowances in accordance with your qualifications and
- 7.5% Superannuation Benefits Package including: life insurance, income protection, Insurance, free basic Southern Cross Medical Insurance
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or be legally entitled to work in NZ
Oji Fibre Solutions Company policy requires the successful candidate undergo pre-employment medical examination, drug and police checks and we will meet these expenses.
Please note: we don’t work to fixed closing dates and may start considering applications as they are received so we encourage you to apply early.
Permanent Full Time
Job no: EMAK021514
Closing Date: Thursday, 11 June 2020